Flash Curtain Opening Component is an easy and fast way to add theatre curtain opening effect to your Flash design. It is a standard extension for Adobe Flash CS3 and CS4, Actionscript 3.0, both on Windows and Mac. Adding a theatre curtain opening effect to your Flash is as easy as dragging and dropping the component on the scene of your Flash movie. You can set up the curtain to open automatically and then close automatically after a specified time, or you can use Actionscript functions to open and close the curtain.
1. Unzip downloaded package CurtainOpening.zip, double click the file CurtainOpening.mxp, open it with Adobe Extension Manager, follow the instructions and complete the installation.
2. Restart Adobe Flash IDE, create a new AS3.0 based Flash file or open your existing AS3.0 based Flash file.
3. Click menu Windows > Components (Ctrl + F7), open the Components Panel, navigate to the folder MTool Components, drag and drop the CurtainOpening component on to the stage.
4. Use the properties panel or free transform tool to adjust the size and position of the component on the stage.
5. Click menu Windows > Component Inspector (Shift + F7), open the Component Inspector panel. You can set up the curtain to open automatically and then close automatically after a specified time, or you can use Actionscript functions to open and close the curtain.
6. Click menu Control > Test Movie (Ctrl+Enter) to test the curtain opening effect.